The IB2Market project addresses these hurdles to bring new products and production processes to the market by an interdisciplinary partnership covering the entire innovation chain. The innovation chain consists of the following elements:
- Research: new production processes and products originating from the Industrial Biotechnology platform technologies are developed.
- Process development: The laboratory-scale production processes are optimized and scaled-up to an industrial scale by the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant Pilot Plant.
- Production of the first kg to tons of the new products for testing, exploratory marketing and market entry are performed by the Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant Pilot Plant.
- Application development and market introduction: Applications for the new products are developed by ISSI, and by the customers of lead distributors of surfactants (EOC-surfactants) and specialty carbohydrates (CarboSynth) through exploratory marketing campaigns.
- Valorization strategy will be drafted by Nova-Institut and BCNP to guide the valorization strategy and reach the full market potential.